Do You Have A Mouse In Your House?
Let’s hope not! But if you find that you have some uninvited visitors Rapid Pest Solutions is here to help. We offer a 5 Month Winter Seasonal Program to control rodent activity in your home. Contact us for details.
WHAT CAN I DO?
- Store garbage in metal or heavy-duty plastic containers with tight-fitting lids. Keep kitchens clean and food stored in secure containers. Also, keep any pet food or bird seed sealed as well.
- Keep yards clean so that mice don’t have shelter or food. This includes cleaning up weeds, trash piles and garbage.
- Inspect buildings carefully, especially in the early fall. Make sure there are no holes or cracks for mice to gain entrance. This is one of the most important things you can do to protect your home.
- Take advantage of seasonal change. Make sure that rodents are controlled during winter and there will be fewer around to breed in the spring. This can help prevent a year of problems.
I SOLVED MY PROBLEM – NOW HOW DO I CLEAN UP?
Mice are known to carry salmonella and other diseases. If you find that you have a mouse problem, clean up is important. Mice leave urine and feces everywhere they go and are probably tracking it around with their feet as well.
- When cleaning up after mice you should wear gloves.
- Sweep up the area and dispose of the waste.
- Clean the area with a disinfectant or bleach mixture.
- Be sure to launder any clothing or bedding that may be contaminated.
- Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands after cleaning and disposing of the waste.