March 11-17, 2018
4 FACTS ABOUT TERMITES
- They live in colonies underground with as many as 2 million members.
- A termite colony eats non-stop. 24/7/365.
- The total weight of all the termites in the world is more than that of all the humans in the world.
- Termites not only eat wood, but wallpaper, plastics and fabric made from plants.
4 WAYS TO HELP PREVENT TERMITES
- Because termites thrive on moisture it is important to keep water accumulation away from your homes foundation.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the home.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
- Reduce humidity inside the home by properly ventilating crawl spaces, attics and basements. This will help prevent termite swarms.