There are some things that we just know. Our weather is unpredictable, puppies are cute and you don’t put ketchup on a Chicago style dog. There are probably some things that only you understand based on your profession. The pest control industry is no different. Here are some things only exterminators will understand.
1. Eating In A Restaurant Will Never Be The Same – Those in the pest control industry are on high alert when dining out. Our eyes will be searching the corners for rodent stations and we will be paying attention to the smell. In case you didn’t know, cockroaches have a very distinct smell. A small prayer of thanks goes out when my favorite restaurant passes my quick inspection! However, I would rather eat at place that has pest control than not. Everything should be under control if they have regular service.
2. Free Advice – Friends and Family expect to get advice and treatments for free. Ants over running the kitchen? Mice nesting in your drawers? Termites eating your home? No, there is no magic trick we can do to get rid of your pests. It will require a regular treatment. And those treatments cost money!
3. I Only Have One Mouse – Ummm, yeah, sure. While I suppose it is possible to have only one mouse it is definitely not the norm. Usually by the time you see one mouse you have dozens. Don’t be fooled.
4. Every Issue Is A National Emergency – Every customer wants their appointment yesterday. While I understand that having ants or other bugs isn’t ideal, it really isn’t going to make much difference if we come later today, tomorrow or in 4 days. On the other hand, don’t wait for a minor nuisance to become a full blown infestation and then be upset when you have to wait a few days for an appointment. You’ve waited this long without calling, a couple more days won’t matter.
5. No Chemical – Many customers want to be Green, either for the sake of the environment, their families health or other reasons. The problem is you can’t kill pests that way. Peppermint oil, lemon juice, dryer sheets and other homemade remedies don’t work. We don’t have to use an abundance of chemical, your house will not be glowing neon green after your treatment. Keep in mind, a certain amount of pesticide is needed to get the results you desire. That’s all there is to it.